Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Even Computer Sprites Can Procrastinate

"I come from the net. From systems, peoples and cities... to this place, Mainframe! My format: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes and dreams. To defend them from... their enemies!"

(Instrumental interlude)

"They say the user lives outside the net, and inputs games for pleasure. No one knows for sure... but I intend to find out!"

This is the opening narration from first two season of the TV show ReBoot. The series' main character, Bob, recites this at the beginning of every episode, so it must be important. So, how come Bob never actually finds out about the user? In fact, he never even tries! Maybe his speech should go:

"They say the user lives outside the net, and inputs games for pleasure. No one knows for sure... but I intend to find out... when the writers finally get around to letting me!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home