Thursday, July 28, 2005

Pointless (But Fun) Competition

Well, I've been cleaning up fairly nicely in some online competitions lately.

At Snark Free Waters there was a Battle of the Bands contest to see who could come up with a band that could possibly compete with this. Apparently my band came extremely close to getting the nod. Even better is that the band my guys lost to is amazing. I don't mind losing if it's to something this good. Check out the entries here (all of them were great, and I don't just mean the winner's and my own) and the results here.

Also, at the Code Lyoko forum at tv.com, there have been weekly-ish caption contests. The judge, Dylan, posts some pictures and we get to come up with funny stuff to write about them. Dylan picks his three favorite captions for each pictures and awards points to the writers. A running total of points is kept. This last week, the third contest ran and I'm already tied for second place in the running. Pretty good considering I missed the first contest and didn't place in the second. Click here to see the winners (You'll have to scroll down a bit). My tv.com username is magnus4001, by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home